- More than half of all chicken entrees ordered in restaurants are for fried chicken.
- In 2007, 95% of commercial restaurants had fried chicken on the menu.
- The average American eats over 80 pounds of chicken each year.
- According to the National Chicken Council, more than 1.25 billon chicken wing portions were consumed on Super Bowl Weekend in 2012 (more than 100 million pounds).
Are you considering what menu item is going to keep customers coming back for more? To go orders? Catering offerings? What is going to set your product apart from your competition? Let’s look at the features and benefits of our Collectramatic pressure fryer. Available in 4 head (32 pc per drop) and 6 head (48 pc per drop) – now that’s a lot of fried chicken!
Benefits of pressure frying: quicker cook times, juicier product, tenderization, texture control, and healthier product.
Benefits of a Winston Industries Collectramatic Pressure Fryer:
- Microprocessor controller
- Reliability – very few moving mechanical parts
- Round pot – for strength with a single weld, sediment cannot build up in the corners and continue to cook/ burn the oil.
- Footprint – let’s look at the numbers; with a LP56 fryer 6 head you can fry approximately 192 pieces of chicken per hour, fry 1,200 pieces before you need to filter the shortening. Our Collector, the largest in the industry we call the cold zone where we catch all the sediment etc. away from the cooking vat and does not continue to cook.
At a recent training with an install of three each LP56 Collectramatic fryers, they are able to pressure fry 576 pieces per hour and 3,600 pieces before they need to filter the shortening. Partner this with a F662A9 portable filter system and a Winston CVap HA4522 holding cabinet or two. You now have a successful fried chicken program!